I am adding my wife’s recipe for Spanish rice so I can find it.
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- almost 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups white long-grain rice
- In microwave-safe bowl, add bouillon cubes, tomato sauce, and water up to 4 cups. Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Turn on back burner to simmer
- In front burner: In 3 quart saucepan: Heat up pan; Add oil; After 1 minute, add rice; Stir until rice is toasted (about 5 minuts)
- CAUTION: ADD SLOWLY TO AVOID HOT OIL OR WATER IN YOUR FACE: Add microwave bouillon mixure to rice; Move to back burner; Cover; simmer for 20 minutes; Remove from heat; With lid closed, Rest for 15 minutes.