Rich and wonderful persimmon pudding cake, made with hachiya persimmon pulp, eggs, butter, milk, vanilla, sugar, spices, chopped nuts, and raisons.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
- 2 cups of ripe Hachiya persimmon pulp
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts – pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Whipping ceam
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the persimmon pulp, sugar, eggs, butter, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a third at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Add the chopped nuts and raisins.
- Bake in an -inch square pan, buttered, at 400 degrees until done (about 50 miinutes).
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Serve warm or cold.