2018 was a year for a bumper crop of Santa Rosa plums from our 4-in-1 grafted dwarf plum tree.
Each plum is small so there is not much fruit pulp. So I decided to make a plum compote. it is a simple recipe.
- 1 pound of plums (quartered; include the pits)
- 1 cup sugar / honey
- half cup water or white wine
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place plums, sugar, and water into small pot under low heat
- Scrap inside of vanilla bean into pot
- Add cinnamon stick
- Cook for 30 minutes
- Cool for 30 minutes. Remove bean, stick, and any remaining pits.
- Serve on top of pie or ice cream or both.