Bloomerang Purple lilac (Syringa x) is a reblooming lilac. It blooms in spring along with other lilacs, takes a brief rest to put on new growth, then blooms again from mid-summer through fall. A bit smaller than other lilacs, Bloomerang also has a nice, rounded shape that looks great anywhere you plant it in the landscape. Star-like flowers are a beautiful shade of classic lilac purple and are sweetly scented.
Bloomerang lilacs are also noted for their exceptional disease resistance – no worries about ugly white or brown foliage to spoil the floral show. And like other lilacs, it is sun-loving and deer resistant, so it makes an easy care choice for years of beauty.
We purchased our plant from Yamagami Nursery in west San Jose.
- Shrub Type: Deciduous
- Height Category: Medium
- Garden Height: 48 – 60 Inches
- Spacing: 60 – 72 Inches
- Spread: 48 – 60 Inches
- Flower Colors: Purple
- Flower Shade: Lavender
- Foliage Colors: Green
- Foliage Shade: Green
- Habit: Mounded
- Container Role: Thriller
- Light Requirement: Sun. The optimum amount of sun or shade each plant needs to thrive: Full Sun (6+ hours), Part Sun (4-6 hours), Full Shade (up to 4 hours).
- Maintenance Category: Moderate
- Blooms On: New Wood, Old Wood
- Bloom Time: Mid Spring, Late Spring, Early Summer, Mid Summer, Late Summer, Early Fall, Mid Fall