When you don’t have much ground soil, use containers.
A minimum container size is a gallon. The largest containers can grow a 10 foot tree.
Smaller pots can easily be moved for better aethestics, better sunlight.
Key issues for containers are water, drainage, and nutrients.
What do you want your container made of?
- $15 = small pots (8 inch wide by 8 inch deep)
- $25 = medium pots (16 inch wide by 8 inch deep) = 6 gallons
- $30 to $40 = medium pots (12 inch wide by 16 inch deep)or (14wideby12deep) = 8 gallons
- $60 to $80 = large pots (18 inch wide by 24 inch deep)
- $120 to $200 = extra-large pots (24 inch wide by 36 inch deep, and larger)
Plastic pots are cheaper but the plastic does not last as long (it becomes brittle). Also its appearance worsens.
14×12 = 8 gallons